The following key principles should form the basis of any effective treatment program:
- Addiction is a complex but treatable disease that affects brain function and behavior.
- No single treatment is right for everyone.
- People need to have quick access to treatment.
- Effective treatment addresses all of the patient’s needs, not just his drug/alcohol use.
- Staying in treatment long enough is critical.
- Individual counseling and group therapy are commonly used forms of treatment.
- Multiple modalities of behavioral therapies work best.
- Treatment plans must be reviewed often and modified to fit the clients changing needs.
- Treatment should address other possible mental disorders.
- Treatment doesn't need to be voluntary to be effective.
- Family counselling during and after treatment is key.
Another Road Addiction Recovery Centre is a 28 day residential rehab for men with alcohol and drug problems. We are located near Toronto in Bolton, Ontario. Give us a call 844-680-9269